1. Cleanse. You need to cleanse your face before you go to bed at night. Your skin needs relief from the impurities that is has been subjected to all day. Make sure you wash your hands to avoid rubbing dirt and bacteria onto your face. Using warm water, wet your face and gently massage the right cleanser correctly formulated for you using a circular motion. Rinse your face thoroughly and blot gently with a towel. Take care not to pull or wipe roughly. If you do this too much you can cause premature aging over time.
2. Exfoliate. Exfoliation is a very important step for a great complexion. As we age and cell renewal slows, dead cells collect on the surface and do not turn over as quickly as they once did. Exfoliation rids the surface of unwanted dead cells, leaving your face brighter and softer. Use the same circular motion you use when you wash your face, only use light pressure. Concentrate on the areas where your pores are larger.
3. Freshen. Restore your natural pH balance and refine pores for a fresh face.
4. Moisturize. Moisture creates a barrier between you and the elements. Plus, it hydrates by locking in moisture. Even if you have an oily complexion, adding moisture is an everyday essential. Women with extra oil on their face sometimes think that by adding moisture they are adding oil, but oil and moisture are two different things. In fact, women with excess oil can become as dehydrated as women with a dry complexion. You should use a moisturizer that is formulated for you..
5. Protect. It is essential that you protect your self from the sun and environmental damage. Only smoking ages the skin faster then sun damage. Pay particular attention to your hairline and the back of your neck when applying sunscreen. These areas are often overlooked in daily application.
When looking for the right products, find ones that address each of these five steps and you will have an ageless, beautiful complexion.