It is not uncommon for women to be on the look-out for a facial for wrinkles that can make them appear younger. Just look at a local newspaper or magazine and you will most likely be able to find numerous examples of spas, dermatology clinics, and plastic surgery offices that offer various types of facial treatments that promise to make you look like you’ve taken 10 years off of your appearance.
In our current society, there are many options when it comes to getting rid of wrinkles on one’s face. We have Botox, lots of fillers, wrinkle creams and, last but not least, there are a number of facials that have shown promise in eradicating wrinkles.
Some examples include alpha-hydroxy acid peels, glycolic acid and citric acid peels. You can see that most of these are “peels,” or treatments based on chemical removal of dead skin cells from the surface of the face. Conversely, other types of treatments physically remove dead skin cells, and don’t use chemicals at all.
A facial for wrinkles that is quite new, and has not been talked about on the internet forums or written about like so many others have, is known as the “amber crystals facial.” This facial treatment is very similar to microdermabrasion, a well-known physical modality that removes dead skin and has been used in dermatology clinics for years (it’s literally like a miniature sandblasting of your face). Dermabrasion is very helpful because it not only gets rid of dead skin, it also unclogs pores, smoothes out rough skin (reduction of acne scars is a good example of this), and reduces age spots.
But although dermabrasion treatments are extremely popular in the U.S. (they are one of the most commonly performed cosmetic procedures), there are a number of advantages when using an amber crystals facial, including:
- Amber crystals do not traumatize the face like typical dermabrasion treatments do. Certain clients are also advised to use caution when undergoing dermabrasion treatments, such as women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, and those with rosacea, dermatitis, lupus, psoriasis, and diabetes.
- Amber facials are much less costly when compared to an in-office dermabrasion treatment. A series of dermabrasion sessions can run as high as a few thousand dollars.
- Case studies have been published where patients have experienced reduced fine lines around the eyes and forehead, as well as improved texture and tone of the skin.
- Other reports indicate that this amber facial for wrinkles will help with excessive pigmentation of the skin, blotchiness, and roughness, leaving the skin smooth and less discolored.
- Regular amber facials can lead to improvements in skin wrinkles as well as the appearance of sun-damaged skin. Also, there is a general overall improvement in how young skin looks after 2-4 weeks of amber crystal facials.
And talk about being healthy and natural; amber crystals are obtained from the remnants of trees that were carried to the ocean floor millions of years ago. They have a blue-green color and have the documented ability to safely remove dead skin cells from facial skin when applied on a daily basis.
So the next time you get the urge to have your face sandblasted with some dermabrasion treatments, you might want to try a facial for wrinkles that involves amber crystals. It’s safe, inexpensive, and it works.