Most people think acne is a skin condition that only affects teenagers. This is not true. Some people start having problems with acne in their teens and continue past the age of 40. That sure is a long time to deal with breakouts. It is not fun to wake up in the morning to find more areas of your skin affected each day. This will leave you feeling very self conscious and can even lead to depression. Here are five ways to help you get rid of your acne:
1. Get eight hours of sleep each night. The body needs rest to heal itself.
2. Eat three good meals a day. Eating healthy gives your body fuel to take care of your cells.
3. Drink eight glasses of water a day. This helps flush all of the toxins in your body.
4. Apply hot compresses to pustules and cysts. This helps in the healing process. Facials also help.
5. Avoid picking or popping pimples. When you do this they last longer and can scar your skin.
Blemishes occur where there are many oil glands. These glands are located mainly on the face, chest, and back. Many of the over counter solutions for acne work in the beginning but then become less than helpful later in use. The body sees to build up an immunity to the treatment.
Acne is not fun. It can cause a lot of frustration. It is important to give your body the tools it needs to fight this condition. By following the five ways to help get rid of acne above you will give your body a great fighting chance.