Acne is one of the most common chronic diseases of the skin. It typically starts with blackheads, which are formed because of the formation of oil and dead cells inside a clogged pore. They usually spread and multiply when personal hygiene is not maintained.
Acne can be very frustrating that everybody desperately desires to get rid off them. But certain acne treatments are pretty expensive. However, there are acne remedies that can be easily done at home with minimal cost. Here are some of them:
1. Ice cubes can be rubbed on the skin for about 10 to 15 minutes to tighten the skin pores.
2. For the same purpose of tightening skin pores, cucumber juice may also be applied and left for 15 minutes before washing it off.
3. A paste can be made out of the mixture of cinnamon powder and honey, which is applied on the acne at night while sleeping and should be washed off the morning after.
4. Dried basil can be mixed with 2 to 3 boiled tea bags, and applied on the acne or the face with the use of cotton ball.
5. The mixture of flour with pure milk is an effective daily wash for skin with acne.
6. Tomato can help reduce blackheads the fruit is also a good treatment for oily skin. Start by cutting the tomato in half rub all over the skin. This should be left for 15 minutes to 1 hour before rinsing it off.
7. A half-glass of boiled milk, mixed with fresh lemon juice can be applied to treat blackheads, pimple and acne.
8. One-tablespoon of groundnut oil mixed with equal amount of fresh lime juice is also an effective treatment of pimples and acne.
9. Lettuce leaves can be saturated in water as a facial wash.
10. Juice from fresh mint can also be used as an acne treatment; this can be applied every night.
11. The paste made from the mixture of mint juice and turmeric powder can be applied on the skin for about 15 to 30 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
12. Rose water and fresh lime juice in equal amounts can also be used to treat acne by keeping the mixture on the skin for about 30 minutes before washing it off. For best results, do this remedy for about 15 days.
13. Turmeric powder can be mixed into a paste with Neem leaves. This mixture can also be applied on the acne.
14. The mixture of milk, one teaspoon of turmeric powder, and one-teaspoon of sandalwood powder can produce a paste that is also a good remedy for acne.
15. A piece of Cotton that is immersed in rose water can be used to clean the face 2 to 3 times daily, to treat acne.
16. Grated potatoes can be applied to treat blackheads, pimples, acne, as well as wrinkles.
There are several natural ways to treat acne, as well as the scars that it may leave. By combining the right ingredients and applying it accordingly, you are surely on your way to achieving an acne-free skin.