When it comes to treating the skin for signs of aging, it doesn’t make much sense to use products that contain an abundance of unnatural chemicals and additives. Part of what causes wrinkles in the first place is overexposure to unnatural things in the products we use and the foods we eat. Unnatural oils and weird chemicals in beauty products, while having temporary benefits, can wear down the skin over time, causing the cells to die faster. This is what causes wrinkles.
So, if you want to find anti-aging creams that really work, why not go natural? Natural products are less abrasive, and the skin cells tend to respond much more positively to them. Next time you’re shopping for beauty supplies, check the ingredients on the anti-aging creams. Look for creams that contain nothing but organic ingredients that come from nature. If a product is organic, and if you recognize all the ingredients listed on the label, this is a good sign.
Of course, if you want to go completely natural, you can even make anti-aging creams at home. Here are three natural remedies that many people have had success with.
Avocado-based cream: Avocados contain an abundance of vitamins B, C, and E, all of which are great for regenerating skin cells. They also serve as natural moisturizers, which is important, as lack of moisture accelerates the breakdown of skin cells. Here’s how to prepare this cream:
• Step 1: Using a fork, mash four or five slices of avocado, mix in a few drops of olive oil, and make the mixture soft and creamy. Make sure it’s enough to cover your face and neck.
• Step 2: Massage the cream into your neck and face, and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Step 3: Rinse the cream off and dry your skin gently with a soft towel.
Banana Anti-Aging cream: Bananas contain many of the same nutrients as avocados, so the nutritional benefits of this cream are much the same as the avocado cream. For this one, all you have to do is mash up about a quarter of a banana until it is creamy and smooth, spread it over your face, leave it on for 15 minutes, and rinse with warm water.
Honey and Shea Butter anti-aging cream: This one is a little more complicated and time-consuming than the other two anti-aging creams, but it’s worth the extra effort. Here’s what you need:
2 teaspoons beeswax
3 teaspoons Shea butter
3 teaspoons linden flower
1 teaspoon honey
3 teaspoons almond oil
2 teaspoons wheat germ oil
And here’s how to make it:
• Step 1: Using two small, clean pots, melt the beeswax in one pot over low heat, and warm the linden flower and honey in the other pot.
• Step 2: After the beeswax is melted, add the Shea butter, and stir the mix until everything had melted. Then, add the wheat germ oil and almond oil.
• Step 3: Mix the contents of the two pots. Turn off the heat, and stir until the mixture has cooled.
• Step 4: Apply the mixture to your face and neck. Leave it on for 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water, and pat dry with a towel.