Any woman can take steps towards looking younger, no matter what your age or lifestyle. It can be as simple as changing your diet, changing elements of your lifestyle, replacing your moisturizer, or, as increasing numbers of women are choosing to do, undergo cosmetic surgery.
The first step is to recognize the signs of aging and then target those areas in most need of treatment. These include:
1. A spots / sun blemishes
2. Uneven skin tone and open pores
4. Dull, tired looking skin
5. Sagging skin
6. Yellow teeth
Where to start
1. Use high protection sunscreen daily to protect you from aging UVA and UVB rays. Used daily you can prevent the emergence of age spots and fine lines. Try Biotec's SPF 15 Global Shield Green Tea and Olive Tree Leaves moisturizer for both sun and anti-oxidant protection. Available online from the Hospital Group.
2. Reduce oxidization stress by reducing your exposure to tobacco, pollution and stress. You can also improve your body's resilience by increasing your intake of anti-oxidant-rich foods such as citrus fruits, blueberries, blackberries, broccoli, carrots, red peppers, apples and white tea to name a few.
3. Reduce your intake of simple carbohydrates, fatty foods, refined products and processed goods. This means refined white sugar, artificial sweeteners, cakes, microwave dinners, chocolate and softdrinks should only be enjoyed on the odd occasion.
4. Drink lots of water. As you get older your body becomes more easily dehydrated and the more visible your wrinkles become. Two liters of water every day should have you looking and feeling refreshed.
5. Have your teeth whitened. The Hospital Group offers at home and professional teeth whitening which will make a noticeable difference to your appearance. Try to maintain their whiteness by limiting your intake of black tea, coffee, soft drinks and even dark colored fruit drinks. Alternately, you can bypass your teeth by drinking through a straw.
6. Choose a moisturizer or anti-aging serum to suit your skin needs. Look for products that contain:
Vitamin A – plumps up skin to reduce the depth of wrinkles
Alpha-hydroxy acids – activates cell turnover to shed dead cells faster for a more glowing appearance
Retinoids – speed up the production of skin cells making skin thicker and more compact, reducing the appearance of fine lines
Vitamin C – boosts circulation and collagen production for a brighter complexion
Antioxidants – prevent cell damage
Try anti-aging night cream honey and grape from the Hospital Group.
7. Reduce the appearance of sunspots and hyper-pigmentation by applying a lightening serum to your skin twice a day. For excellent results without the irritation try Theraderm Enlighten from the Hospital Group.
8. Try Botox or Juvaderm fillers to address wrinkles and fine lines. Botox works as a relaxant, reducing the activity of the tiny, dynamic muscles that form lines. Juvaderm fillers act exactly as the name suggest, filling in and smoothing way lines. The Hospital Group offers both treatments and can advise which is the best one for you.
9. Regain the hair of your youth with specialist hair loss treatment. The Hospital Group carries out more hair transplant treatments than other clinic in the UK. Their specialist surgeons will work with you to create a natural looking appearance that will have you looking younger and feeling more confident.
10. Consult a specialist about plastic surgery. For all the preventive measures you can take there is no way to stop aging. Whilst lifestyle and diet are contributing factors in how well we age, body shape, face shape and genetics also play a large part. A part we have no control over, but which can be managed with the help of cosmetic surgery.
Eye lift surgery removes excess skin around the eyelids, replacing that drooping appearance with an open and more youthful expression. The brow lift will address those stubborn forehead wrinkles while raising the eyebrows, again opening up the eye area for a more youthful appearance.
The facelift is perfect for jowls and loose neck skin which not only add years to your appearance, but which can hide the beautiful contours of your face. Whatever your concerns, an experience surgeon can provide the information, advice and expertise you need. Get in touch with the Hospital Group to learn more about their face and body makeovers.