We can easily say that apple is one of the best diet foods. Low-calorie, no-fat, nutrition-packed powerhouse. Studies suggest that eating apples and drinking apple juice, in conjunction with a balanced diet, can protect the brain from the effects of stress, and that we should eat this amazing antioxidant rich fruit.
10 Reasons to eat an apple a day.
- A medium size apple has just 60-100 calories, virtually no fat and no sodium.
- Its 5 grams of fiber and 20 grams of carbs make is a filling snack.
- Apples contain boron, a mineral that helps maintain bone density and protect against heart disease.
- Eating an apple a day (with skin) can guard against stroke.
- Its fiber, pectin, antioxidants and other compounds can lower bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol.
- The tannins prevent tooth decay, gum disease and urinary-tract infections.
- The flavonoids and other phytochemicals in apples help protect against lung and colon cancer.
- Apples are great source of folic acid, a B vitamin that helps prevent serious birth defects as well as heart disease.
- The quercetin (a flavonoid) may fight cancer better then vitamin C does.
- The vitamins and antioxidants in apples may prevent age-related vision loss.
Apples have properties that no other fruits have and its benefits have been proven overtime. You will be able to get the benefits of these properties individually with other fruits, but an apple combines everything and makes it simpler.
Whenever you feel that you're hungry do not look for a bag of chips or a donut, have an apple. This amazing fruit can help you keep your appetite under control, so helping your weight loss progress .