Acne or acne vulgaris is a widespread form of skin problem these days. Teenagers and young adults are more prone to acne. This is because, when one attains puberty, hormonal changes take place in body, causing the oil glands or sebaceous glands to be hyperactive. When these active oil glands get plugged or inflamed, acne develops. Severe acne may leave scars and pin holes on the skin. Avoiding irritating chemical cosmetics, junk food, soft drinks, drinking plenty of water, cleaning the skin thoroughly can minimize the problem of acne.
The over activity of oil glands at the base of hair follicles, results in pus-filled pimples or pustules, deeper cysts, clogged pores due to oil and dry skin, white heads and black heads. All these skin problems are collectively given the name of acne. Acne may be mild, moderate or severe, and the treatment of depends on its nature. The areas of our body that contain huge number of sebaceous glands are more prone to acne break-outs. For instance acne is more likely to appear on our face, upper portion of chest and back.
Causes of Acne
2. Excessive secretion of sebum or oil.
3. Hormonal fluctuations
4. Improper insulin regulation in the body.
5. Exposure to dust, pollution and impurities.
6. Excessive intake of spicy, greasy food.
7. Unbalanced eating hours.
8. Inadequate skin cleansing.
9. Inadequate water intake.
1. Treating pimples with lemon juice has proved itself as an excellent remedy for acne.
2. A paste made out of pounded orange peel and water may be applied on the affected areas to get relief.
3. Rubbing raw garlic on acne is an effective cure for acne. Garlic not only heals acne but also erases acne scars and pimple marks. Intake of raw garlic cloves purifies blood, keeping acne at bay.
4. Coriander juice mixed with a pinch of turmeric is highly beneficial for eradicating pimples and blackheads.
5. Mint juice is also quite good for acne. It soothes the itchy, pimply skin.
6. Grated cucumber may be placed on the affected regions, and kept for about 20 minutes. It boosts up the skin health and checks pimples and black heads. It also has a cool, astringent effect on the skin.
7. A paste of fenugreek leaves may be applied on acne and kept overnight and then washed off with warm water, the next morning. This is a useful remedy for acne.
8. One may gently massage the affected region with a paste of grounded almond and honey, and then rinse off with cold water. This reduces lesions and pimples.
9. Egg yolk mask is a very effective acne treatment. It heals acne by extracting the excess oil from the skin.
10. A paste made out of sandalwood, powdered black gram and rose water may be applied on acne and left overnight. It has a cooling effect on skin. It checks skin irritation and inflammation.
11. A paste of turmeric powder and neem leaves may be applied on acne, left for 30 minutes and then washed off with lukewarm water. This kills germs and reduces the chances of infection.
12. A mixture of cinnamon powder and honey is also excellent for healing pimples.