Stay Beautiful in Your 40s
Deeper wrinkles and reduced elasticity and firmness are the most common skin problems in this decade, as years of sun exposure and declination estrogen take their toll.
As you age, decreasing estrogen levels increase the production of other substances in your body. For example, the amount of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring chemical that helps keep skin firm, begins to decline, affecting your skin's ability to retain moisture.
Oil production also slows down, reducing natural lubrication. To help counteract these changes, use creams that contain humectants (like glycerin, citric acid, propylene glycol, urea, and phospholipids) and emollients (such as petrolatum, shea butter, and cetyl alcohol) to seal in moisture.
Skin Care Tips
1. Amp up your regimen. Look for cleansers and toners with more moisturizing capacity. Exfoliate more often.
2. Check your eyes. The skin around your eyes is thinner and may develop more obvious lines, discoloration or puffiness. Use specialized spot treatments for the eye area.
3. Choose multi-tasking makeup. Many modern cosmetics very treat as they cover. Use those specifically designed for aging or damaged skin. Caution: Hold back on coloration as heavy makeup can make imperfections more glaring.
4. Pour on some body love. Indulge your body to improve your mood and alleviate the discomforts of hot flashes and night sweats. Use shower gels and lotions liberally.
5. Practice a regular cleansing routine. Cleanse, exfoliate, tone and moisturize … this daily routine should carry you on your way towards healthier skin. Select a gentle skin cleansing solution that works for your specific type of skin – dry, oily, normal.
Using your selected product, cleanse face in a circular motion and rinse with lukewarm water, as hot water zaps skin's moisture.
6. Daily use of sunscreen products with at least an SPF of 15 and antioxidants along with protective clothing such as full-brimmed hats, long sleeved blouses and shirts, and slacks instead of shorts will greatly reduce the aging of the skin and the possibility of skin cancer.
7. Facial skin care should also be of concern and sunglasses should be worn while outside. This will protect the eyelids from aging and will help reduce crows feet by reducing the squinting which comes from sun exposure without eye protection.
8. Scaly patches of skin can be a disappointment if you are planning to bare your skin. These spots are 'eczema', which presents itself in a number of ways, including itching, rashes and thickened brown patches of skin. People who suffer from hay fever and other allergies may be at greater risk of developing eczema.
Keep the affected areas well moisturized using a thick moisturizing cream. You can also try experimenting with a lotion containing AHAs to slough off the thickened skin. Avoid picking or scratching at the patches as this can lead to bleeding and scarring. Visit a dermatologist if the problem persists.
9. Frequent weight gains and losses can also dramatically affect the elasticity of the skin. When the weight is gained, the skin stretches to accommodate the excess weight. When a lot of weight is lost, quickly, the skin does not have time to accommodate the changing contours and sagging and premature wrinkling can occur.
Gradual weight loss should not affect the skin, although a reduced calorie diet can cause the skin to look dull and lifeless without the diet is well balanced.
10. Many studies have been done over the years demonstrating the healing and physiological properties of bovine colostrum. Colostrum helps the immune system to function more efficiently, maintain peak performance and fight acne causing bacteria.
Colostrum supplies growth factors (hormones) as well as stimulating the endocrine system to keep producing its own supply of hormones. Research consistently indicates that the combination of growth and immune factors in colostrum works together to create a potent anti-aging effect, including tighter skin, and regrowth of cells and tissue of organs that normally decrease in size with age.
Daily supplementation on Bovine Colostrum allows the body to have improved resilience against any type of stress. Overall health and well being is accomplished when the body has all of the necessary factors it needs for defense, healing and repair.
If you have special skin issues, such as stubborn acne, rosacea, or extremely sensitive or oily skin, the best thing to do is to seek out the advice of a professional dermatologist.
Pretty, healthy skin is well within your grasp, with a little bit of awareness, determination and persistence on your part. The results are definitely worth it. Live juicy and be happy with your largest organ!
Note: None of the information in this article is scientifically based, but it does work, based on the personal experiences of myself and many others.