A very basic idea for taking care of your skin is to know how to clean it wisely. Facial skin is very delicate and you should clean it at least two times a day. You should never clean your face more than three times since excessive cleaning could dry the skin. Facial skin should not be pulled and the movements while cleaning it should always be upwards. Even though cleaning your face only takes a few seconds, it should be an opportunity to activate circulation. This can be achieved with circular movements with the fingertips.
Nowadays, it has been popular to use certain sponges and brushes for skin care. This is not imperative, they just help activate circulation but hands and fingers can do the same function. Natural marine sponges help exfoliate and are very effective. Not every skin type responds well to these types of instruments. If you have dry or sensitive skin, do not use them every day. If you do use them, don’t forget to clean them so they are free of bacteria, clean and dry in a safe place where they can breath.
One of the most popular questions about skin care is: which products should you really use? You should not spend a lot of money on your products and cosmetics; these are some of the indispensable ones:
- Cleanser – As explained above, try to use it twice daily. There’s no need to spend on a fancy cleanser, but try to avoid bar soap since it is known for drying the skin.
- A moisturizing cream is very important. Use it during the day, and then during the night before going to bed.
- An exfoliating cream can help smooth skin and slough away dead skin. There are natural ones also available using apple, yogurt, oatmeal and lemon. Sensitive skins should use exfoliating creams less frequently.
- Facial Masks can be homemade or bought anywhere. They don’t only clean your face; they can also be revitalizing and refreshing, helping the cells to regenerate.
- Eye Cream may be one of the most expensive products but it is also one of the most important. Skin around the eyes is extremely sensitive and requires special attention.
- If you use makeup, don’t forget to use an Eye-Makeup Remover.
Some people wonder about astringent and toner, they are useful but not as important as the products mentioned above. Toner’s main function is to eliminate the cleansing cream’s residue and help close the pores. Modern products are more complete and this is why toner is not as necessary anymore, even though it is still highly preferred because of its nice sensation on the face.
Make-up is also a very important topic on skin care. It is not mandatory to use it, it is only a tool to look prettier, but every person has a different perspective on beauty. If you don’t like using make up, you don’t have to. If you prefer, you can use just a small amount of make-up for a more natural look. The main products are blush, mascara, and some lip-gloss for that finishing look.
Knowing your type of skin is also important to learn how to take care of it.
The principle types are:
- Normal Skin
- Sensitive Skin
- Oily Skin
- Dry Skin