Your skin is your largest organ in your body. It serves well in the area of beautification. People who have good skin, looks good with or without makeup on. Being beautiful is effortless for those people who maintains it well and keeps it healthy. Your skin is also your first line of defense before a microorganism can enter your body and infect your vital organs. Without it, any harmful bacteria can easily penetrate in your body and can make you ill. It plays a vital role and that is protection of your inner organs.
However, since we are exposed to various toxins and stresses in life, your skin may be prone to damages. One of the most common problems people encounter is dry skin. Any person having dry skin can be affected physically and psychologically. It can lower self-esteem because you will be too ashamed of getting too close with other people. Dry skin can be rough to touch and any teenager can deprive themselves of their freedom to wear any clothes they like. Some may develop long-term skin illness like dermatitis or psoriasis that could even destroy your body image. Therefore, if you want to avoid these problems, get to know even the simplest methods for skin care.
Here are some ways to do it:
1. Do take a shower a maximum of two times a day. While taking a bath, use soaps and other bath solutions that are not harmful to your skin. Do check the ph of these solutions or you can make use of hypoallergenic one. Do not stay on the bath for a long time and when you do, avoid overly using scrubs and other abrasives.
2. In drying your skin, pat dry it. Never rub it vigorously especially when you are in a hurry. Use cotton materials in drying your skin to do it effectively.
3. Do use moisturizing lotions that have sun protection. You should be using this especially during the summer. Avoid over exposure to the sun. It does not mean that you have protection you can stay long for hours. When the sun is too hot, you can still burn.
4. When it is cold, do protect your skin. Use gloves, jackets or socks as much as possible.
5. Hydrate as often as you could. Water is a good source of moisture in your body. Therefore, maintain eight glasses a day. Do not forget to maintain a healthy diet. Eat fruits and vegetables and avoid anything fatty or too many sweets. Do try to get some sleep. It can help retain and regenerate your skin moisture by relaxation. You also need to exercise. Doing so maintains a normal metabolism and can help flush toxins in the body. Thus, your body maintains it normal functions and maintains homeostasis including your skin.
As you can see, skin care to prevent dryness is simple things to do. These simple things are the usual things that we neglect that are why many people have encounter problems.