What should you look for in a natural face cream and what should you avoid? Here is a guide to help you make the right choice of facial cream.
A natural face cream is a must in any skin care routine. Face creams nourish the inner layers of the skin and protects them from damage. But with all the face creams available in the market today, how do you go about choosing the best?
Choosing a cream for the face, or any other facial skin care product for that matter, must involve careful scrutiny of ingredients. Remember that it is the active ingredients that make any formulation work. Here are top 3 tips to follow when choosing a cream to apply on the face:
1. Choose a natural face cream that contains Vitamin E.
Vitamin E is an all-important antioxidant that is much needed by the body. It helps protect against oxidation of cholesterol and fatty acids, and also helps prevent free radical damage to cell membranes. Vitamin E has tremendous benefits to the skin as well. It helps the skin in six important ways:
– It is a natural antioxidant which protects skin cells from harm caused by exposure to ultraviolet rays from the sun, environmental pollution, smoking and other elements.
– It helps regulate levels of Vitamin A in the body, which is essential for healthy skin
– Vitamin E works against aging. It helps reduce appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots and other visible signs.
– Vitamin E helps soothe skin inflammation and irritation, and helps prevent and treat sunburns
– The E vitamin can help treat different skin conditions and scars.
– Vitamin E is also said to help reduce appearance of stretch marks, age spot, and in preventing skin cancer.
2. A face cream must contain a light emollient such as Crodamol OP.
Light emollients have natural abilities to soothe and soften skin. They do so without blocking the pores, leaving it free from dirt and grime. Light emollients also serve to seal moisture in your skin cells, so you can have supple skin all throughout.
3. Stay away from face creams that use fragrances.
The best facial creams are made of 100% natural ingredients. Any fragrance on a cream is a sign that a formulation is not at all natural. All fragrances in cosmetics and skincare today are made of synthetic chemicals. If a company claims to use “natural fragrance,” that would mean use of large quantities of extracts, which in turn would mean addition of preservatives to keep them for becoming rancid. Ultimately, fragrances and preservatives make your skin prone to allergies, dryness and irritation.
The next time you get yourself a facial cream, make sure to look closely at the ingredients list and find out whether the formulation is good enough to meet your skin’s primary needs. A natural face cream must contain 100% natural ingredients and must give your skin on the face and neck the right nourishment, moisture and photo-protection it deserves.