There’s nothing better than to get expert advice when it comes wrinkles. If you want to get rid of wrinkles, consulting a dermatologist will be the wisest thing you can do. Your dermatologist is the best person to determine your skin type and the severity of your wrinkles, based on which he or she can recommend the appropriate treatment plan for you.
On the other hand, if you do not want to go through the hassle of seeking an appointment with a skin specialist, there are a number of over-the-counter wrinkle creams that are worth trying. Over-the-counter wrinkle creams are anti-aging skin care products you can buy without doctor’s prescription. You can find them practically anywhere – in drugstores, in beauty stores, even in stores online. Many of these are heavily advertised, but keep in mind that popularity is not a measurement of how good or effective a particular anti-wrinkle cream is. Well, here are some questions and answers that can help you on your journey to finding the best over the counter wrinkle cream out there:
- Is the anti-wrinkle cream made with 100% organic ingredients? One factor that significantly narrows your choice is the type of ingredients used. According to research, a number of chemicals used to make anti-wrinkle creams are not only toxic, they even cause premature aging. Choose only products that are made with 100% organic ingredients. They are safer and are not likely to cause side effects or negative reactions. Anti-wrinkle creams that contain a mixture of organic and chemical ingredients do not make a better choice than the purely chemically-formulated ones.
- What botanicals make up the cream? Grapeseed, Evening Primrose, Tea Tree, Sweet Almond and Sandalwood are only a few of the botanicals believed to fight aging.
- Does the anti-wrinkle cream contain high levels of natural antioxidants, like Green Tea, perhaps? Antioxidants can delay the progression of skin aging by fighting stress and free radicals.
- What vitamins are in the cream? Aging skin needs a lot of nourishment, so make sure your choice of cream contains natural Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
- Does the wrinkle cream contain collagen? If it does, scratch it off your list. Applying artificial collagen on your skin is not going to improve your skins elasticity as you are made to believe because artificial collagen cannot be absorbed by the skin in the first place. Collagen only adds to the cost of the product.
- What other features does the anti-wrinkle cream have? If you are dealing with several aging signs not just wrinkles, you may want to use a product that has a multitude of functions.
- What do consumers say about the anti-wrinkle cream? Look for customer feedbacks and testimonials to see others feel about your choice.
- Do you know the manufacturer of the anti-wrinkle cream? If this is the first time you have heard of it, take all means to find out more about the company. How long has it been existing? Is it legal? Does it have a physical address you can write to for comments and suggestions or return the item to “just in case?”
- Is it affordable? How much are you willing to spend on an anti-wrinkle cream? Affordability means a lot, but see to it that you are not compromising quality for a few dollars worth of savings.
- Does it come with a money-back guarantee? Many companies offer a 30-day money-back guarantee to make it appear to the public how confident they are of the effectiveness of their product. If the company that manufactures or distributes your choice of anti-wrinkle cream has this feature, then you have nothing to lose.