A wrinkle basically is a crease or fold in the skin. Wrinkles usually appear on the skin as we grow older.
Wrinkling of the skin is a natural aging process. As we age, our skin also ages and become thinner, drier and less flexible. When we are young, the skin has a natural ability to protect itself from damage. However, with the passing time, this natural ability of the skin reduces, and ultimately wrinkles appear on the skin.
However, it is not surprising that today; even young people develop wrinkles on their skin. This is primarily because of the changing environmental factors, stressful lifestyle and unhealthy eating habits.
Factors responsible for causing wrinkles
While the appearance of wrinkles is a natural aging process, some of the other factors that cause wrinkles are:
• Smoking: Smoking reduces the blood supply to the skin and thus causes the skin to develop wrinkles earlier.
• Light Skin: People who have light skin are more prone to sun damage and thus develop wrinkles faster.
• Genetic Factors: Appearance of wrinkles also depends upon the genetic factors. If your parents developed wrinkles at an earlier stage of their lives, then it is possible that you will also see wrinkles on your skin at a much earlier stage of your life.
• Hair Styles and Clothes: People who have hairstyles that provide more shade to their face and wear clothes that covers most parts of their bodies, will possibly develop wrinkles at a much later stage of their lives.
• Exposure to Ultra Violet Rays: People who are exposed to more ultra violet rays will develop wrinkles much earlier than people who are not.
• Facial Expressions: It has been observed that people, who smile a lot, frown or squint frequently, develops wrinkles earlier than people who don’t do these facial expressions quite often.
Wrinkle and wrinkle cream
While wrinkles can make people appear wise, many do not welcome them. Today, people all around the world are spending a huge amount of money on wrinkle treatment and wrinkle cream. The wrinkle cream has been a great success among people who wish to get rid of the unsightly wrinkles.
There are primarily two types of wrinkles. One is termed as ‘surface lines’ and the other is known as ‘deep furrows’. A basic wrinkle cream, if effective, will help to get rid of the fine surface lines. However, to treat a deep furrow, a wrinkle cream may not work, and it may require more intensive wrinkle treatment techniques.
Ingredients of a good wrinkle cream
Antioxidants like vitamin C and E are very essential in your wrinkle cream. Vitamin C enhances repairing and encourages the growth of new collagen. Vitamin E protects the skin from dangerous bacteria and also develops a moisture barrier so that the epidermis does not dry out. Also, a combination of Vitamin A, C and E, provides the best antioxidant action. Green tea antioxidant acts as a free radical fighter as well as a diuretic.
Two more ingredients in a wrinkle cream that are very effective are the Syn-ake and Skin Stem Cell serum. Syn-ake paralyzes the facial muscles and minimizes the occurrence of contractions. Skin Stem Cell encourages cell renewal, protects existing healthy cells and slows down skin damage.
While it is difficult to avoid wrinkles, its onset can be delayed by using a good wrinkle cream.